website statistics
Quantcast

ARRRG to ask BOC to put home rule charter initiative on the ballot

ARRRG secretary Ronnie Herne has requested a position on the May 15 agenda for discuss placing the proposed initiative Home Rule Charter for Coos County 2012 on the November, 2012 ballot without having to collect signatures. About twenty people met today to discuss the next steps in placing the charter initiative on the ballot including gathering 1,500 valid voter signatures and advertising.

Print Friendly
Be Sociable, Share!
Avatar of magix Posted by on May 12, 2012. Filed under Coos County,Oregon. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

9 Responses to ARRRG to ask BOC to put home rule charter initiative on the ballot

1. Avatar of magix

magix Reply

May 13, 2012 at 11:58 am

Thank you, and happy Mother’s Day to you too…

2. themguys Reply

May 13, 2012 at 11:17 am

Happy Mothers Day M.

And to you other Moms out there, a beautiful day to you all.

3. MarkM Reply

May 13, 2012 at 9:43 am

4. themguys Reply

May 13, 2012 at 9:41 am

You’ve been to ten BOC meetings? I’m not talking evening meetings Mark, I’m talking scheduled BOC meetings on Tuesdays? Stop playing games with me.

5. MarkM Reply

May 13, 2012 at 9:34 am

I was at the last one. Were you there? Come over and say hi. I chatted with Mary there. I won’t be there Tuesday, unfortunately, because I’ll be working at MHS. In the last year I’ve been to maybe ten meetings or so. Prior to that, zero.

6. themguys Reply

May 13, 2012 at 9:20 am

When was the last time you showed up for a BOC meeting Mark? How many have you attended in the last three years?

7. MarkM Reply

May 13, 2012 at 7:04 am

I can’t wait to hear the righteous indignation when the BOC says (eyeroll) “no.”

8. MarkM Reply

May 13, 2012 at 7:02 am

No surprise here. ARRRG has skipped over the public at every step of the process thus far. Why stop now? I’m surprised Ronnie doesn’t simply ask the BOC to unilaterally proclaim it law.

ARRRG should change its name to ARRROGANT or AUTOCRRRATIC.

9. RUGullible Reply

May 13, 2012 at 6:59 am

Messerle and Parry should say yes. That way they can say yes to a competing charter put forth by Barton Pettit. Main should say yes to be politically correct. Won’t cost the taxpayers any money to say yes. May the gods help us sift through the charters at election time. The people not confuised now will be then.

Add Comment Register